The fundamental Bible-based doctrines of our church (and consequently,the Assemblies of God) are listed below.
- The Scriptures Inspired
- The Scriptures,both the Old and New Testaments,are verbally inspired
of God and are the revelation of God to man,the infallible,authoritative
rule of faith and conduct.
- The One True God
- The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent
“I AM,”the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. He has
further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and
association as Father,Son and Holy Ghost.
- The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God.
- The Fall of Man
- Man was created good and upright;for God said,“Let us make man in our
own image,after our likeness.”However,man by voluntary transgression
fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death,
which is separation from God.
- The Salvation of Man
- Man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ
the Son of God.
- The Ordinances of the Church
- The ordinance of baptism by immersion is commanded by the Scriptures.
All who repent and believe on Christ as Saviour and Lord are to be baptized.
Thus they declare to the world that they have died with Christ and that they
also have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
The Lord’s Supper,consisting of the elements –bread and the fruit of the
vine–is the symbol expressing our sharing the divine nature of our Lord
Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:4),a memorial of his suffering and death
(1 Corinthians 11:26),and a prophecy of His second coming
(1 Corinthians 11:26),and is enjoined on all believers “till He come!”
- The Baptism in the Holy Ghost
- All believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly
seek the promise of the Father,the baptism in the Holy Ghost and fire,
according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. This was the normal
experience of all in the early Christian Church. With it comes the enduement
of power for life and service,the bestowment of the gifts and their uses
in the work of the ministry.
- The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Ghost
- The baptism of believers in the Holy Ghost is witnessed by the initial
physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives
- Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil,and of
dedication unto God. The Scriptures teach a life of “holiness without which
no man shall see the Lord.”By the power of the Holy Ghost we are able to
obey the command:“Be ye holy,for I am holy.”Sanctification is realized in
the believer by recognizing his identification with Christ in His death and
resurrection,and by the faith reckoning daily upon the fact of that union,
and by offering every faculty continually to the dominion of the Holy
- The Church and Its Mission
- The Church is the Body of Christ,the habitation of God through the
Spirit,with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her great
commission. Each believer,born of the Spirit,is an integral part of the
Church of the Firstborn,which are written in heaven.
- The Ministry
- A divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided
by our Lord for the threefold purpose of leading the Church in
Evangelization of the world,worship of God and building a body of saints
being perfected in the image of His Son.
- Divine Healing
- Divine healing is an integral part of the gospel. Deliverance from
sickness is provided for in the atonement,and is the privilege of all
- The Blessed Hope
- The resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their
translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of
the Lord is the imminent and blessed hope of the church.
- The Millennial Reign of Christ
- The second coming of Christ includes the rapture of the saints,which
is our blessed hope,followed by the visible return of Christ with His
saints to reign on earth for one thousand years. This millennial reign will
bring the salvation of national Israel,and the establishment of universal
- The Final Judgment
- There will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised
and judged according to their works. Whosoever is not found written in the
Book of Life,together with the devil and his angels,the beast and the
false prophet,will be consigned to the everlasting punishment in the lake
which burneth with fire and brimstone,which is the second death.
- The New Heavens and the New Earth
- “We,according to His promise,look for new heavens and a new earth
wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
Click here for the official and complete Assemblies of God Statement of Fundamental Truths which includes an abundance of Scripture references.